Tsinghua University and the University of Washington entered into a partnership to create the Global Innovation eXchange Institute (GIX) in 2015. GIX locates on Seattle’s east side in Bellevue, and will be housed in a state-of-the-art facility.
Bring together top learners, teachers and technology talent from across the world, GIX will power innovation through an ambitious new model of project-based collaborative education that is unbound by geography or discipline.
Exponential growth in connected devices is expected over the next decade, resulting in tremendous social and economic value, as the Internet of Things, Ubiquitous Computing, Wearable Computing, and Smart Devices become dramatically more cost effective, simpler to develop, and increasingly mainstream. Connected devices are poised to advance such diverse fields as health and natural resource management. To invent new applications and develop the expanding connected device market requires leaders with an array of technology, prototyping, design and entrepreneurial skills. We address global challenges by interdisciplinary project oriented education. We train the students how to integrate resources and leverage the innovation ecosystem to change the world. Connected devices is the first dual master degree program offered by GIX. Starting from the fall 2017, prospective students with innovation consciousness, vision and sense of responsibility and mission will start their study in Bellevue.
• 2-year program to earn 2 master degrees (Master of Engineering in Data Science and Information Technology from Tsinghua University and Master of Science in Technology Innovation from the University of Washington).
• Financial aid is available for applicants, including scholarship and loans. Paid internship could also be available during enrollment.
• The first 15 months will be in Bellevue and the rest may be in Beijing (Tsinghua University) or Bellevue.
• Application form
• Transcript from college or university
• Personal statement
• Two letters of recommendation
• Video essay
• Resume or curriculum vitae
• TOEFL score (for students whose native language is not English. At least 100 on the TOEFL iBT, along with a Speaking score of at least 26. Scores should be within two years at the application deadline)
Submit the complete application package by Sept. 15, 2016. Decision made by Sept. 30, 2016.
Submit the complete application package by Jan. 31, 2017. Decision made by Mar. 31, 2017.Additional materials may be needed. Please visit our website http://gix.tsinghua.edu.cn for more details.
For More Information
Contact Ms. YUAN Xi
Address B425-1, Lee Shau Kee Science andTechnology BuildingTsinghua UniversityBeijing 100084, CHINA